Has the frigid winter air turned your skin sullen and dry? Does it appear tired, lifeless and dull when you look in the mirror? Have you tried every skin care product known to man and are seriously considering just throwing a bag over your head until summer arrives? 🙃
Never fear, the Wild Alchemists Mean Green Skin Brightening Regime is here!
This is a two step regime, made from simple, inexpensive ingredients that you can whip up at home quickly and will work wonders on your winter weary skin.
The Wild Alchemist Mean Green Facial Mask
1 heaping tbsp Green French Clay
1 tsp Matcha Green tea powder
1/4 tsp orange blossom honey
3 drops orange essential oil
1 Tbsp hot water
Add french clay, green tea powder into small dish and mix well.
Add honey, and essential oil
Add hot water
Mix until it forms paste, if it’s too thick add a bit more water. You want it to have the same consistency as pancake batter.
Apply mixture to face and leave on for 20 minutes; or until dry.
Rinse off with hot water and moisturize with mean green moisture rich coconut oil immediately after.
The Wild Alchemist’s Mean Green Moisture Rich tea infused Oil
1/4 cup coconut oil
7-10 drops orange essential oil
1 tbsp Matcha Green tea powder
Jar to put finished product in
You’ll want to melt the coconut oil over a double boiler
Add green tea powder to infuser and allow tea to infuse into coconut oil
Remove tea once coconut oil is green in color then remove oil from heat
Add essential oil while coconut oil is still liquid
Cover and place in fridge for roughly ten minutes, or until coconut oil solidifies once more
Once solidified you’ll want to remove it from the fridge
Then using a hand-mixer you want to whip your coconut oil until fluffy
Now it’s ready for use, enjoy that supremely moisturized skin fellow alchemist’s 😉
Both honey/clay are antibacterial and help to draw out toxins/impurities from the skin as well as tighten the pores. The real secret ingredients in this skincare regime are green tea and orange essential oil though!
Here’s a quick look at the benefits of green tea and orange essential oil for the skin:
– Applying green tea fights skin cancer by promoting DNA repair. Green tea contains a powerful antioxidant called EGCG that fights DNA damage from UV rays to prevent skin cancer. That means it’s also a potent anti-aging ingredient that combats signs of aging when ingested or applied topically.
– It also possesses anti-inflammatory properties, thanks to its high content of polyphenols called catechins. The catechins in green tea reduce irritation, redness, and swelling.
– Additionally green tea is a powerful antibacterial agent for treating acne and unclogging pores. Polyphenols in green tea damage bacterial membranes and fight against infection, meaning that it’s a useful tool for treating bacterial growth that causes acne. It helps kill systemic bacterial inflammation for smoother, toned skin.
– Green tea is super nutrient dense too and is chocked full of Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E; both are essential for skin health maintenance. B2 plays an essential role in maintaining collagen levels for youthful skin structure and firmness. Vitamin E supports new skin cell growth and also acts an intense hydrator for soft and nourished skin.
– Caffeine and tannins in green tea help shrink blood vessels around the eyes, making it a miracle for treating puffy eyes and dark circles.
– Orange essential oil is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory which makes it an ideal ingredient in your skin and hair routine.
– It’s been shown to increase the ability to absorb vitamin C, collagen production, and blood flow, all of which are essential for anti-aging. Using skin products with orange essential oil overtime can smooth wrinkles and decrease the gravity of those not so fine lines.
– Among the essential oils you can use for skin lightening, brightening and whitening is orange essential oil! After all, it is extracted from the peels of oranges, which are known to have natural skin bleaching properties.
– Another benefit of orange essential oil is that it is a circulation booster. It improves blood circulation which ensures each and every skin cell gets nutrient-rich blood to keep it healthy and well functioning. This promotes a healthy and glowing skin complexion.
– The strong antibacterial properties of sweet orange essential oil combined with its anti-inflammatory properties helps treat acne naturally.